Bob Borden of Hareline Dubbin, Inc. has many products that have changed and improved our fly fishing. Here he has another that he is calling one of his most exciting products to date. It is
"Water Shed", a new permanent waterproofing liquid.
"Water Shed" is a pre-fishing treatment that provides a permanent waterproof coating on flies, tying materials, dubbing, yarns, nylon leaders, braided loops and fly lines. Below is a list of characteristics that Bob says make this product like nothing you've ever used before:
- does not affect colour or softness of materials
- does not leave oil rings of any kind on the water surface
- completely odourless after drying
- can be applied directly or dabbed on with fingers
- one drop is all that is needed
- it's lower center of gravity makes any dry fly material float like a cork
- FLOATABILITY IS NOT AFFECTED IN ANY WAY BY FISH OR WEED SLIME!
Remember that Water Shed is a pre-fishing treatment. It must be applied 24 hours prior to fishing but don't use too much. Remember Bob's bullet point above - one drop is all that is needed. If over-applied it may not cure and waterproof properly.