The Advanced Flight Spey (AFS) Shooting Head is RIO’s latest line for the spey caster. These heads have a long front taper that ensures the softest of presentation and a design that loads rod up easily, resulting in extremely effortless casts of prodigious distances. They are a joy to cast and incredibly easy to get the feel of. For the very best in presentation and control attach one of RIO’s Spey VersiLeaders to the front end that have been designed specifically to compliment these lines and one of RIO's highly acclaimed shooting lines to the back end.
The AFS head is available in four different formats:
1) A floating version that is available in a choice of two colors: a) a subtle green color that will not spook fish in the clearest of water, but that has a 10 ft (3 m) yellow back section to aid the angler in seeing how the line fishes and b) a bright steelhead orange - perfect for low light conditions and rivers like the Deschutes with canyon sides- it's also the perfect color for teaching and learning with.
2) A floating head with a 15 ft intermediate tip
3) A slow sinking (hover) head with a sink rate of 1" per second
4) A fast sinking type 4 full sinking head with a sink rate of 4-5" per second.
Each head has RIO’s bullet-proof welded loops in both ends for easy rigging and to attach one of RIO’s VersiLeaders to.
- Floating: Sizes: 4/5 to 10/11; Length: 31 ft (9.5 m) to 40 ft (12.2 m); Color: Green/Yellow and Steelhead Orange (5/6 to 8/9)
- Intermediate Tip: Sizes: 7/8 to 10/11; Length: 37 ft (11.2 m) to 40 ft (12.2 m); Color: Yellow with translucent tip
- Hover (S1): Sizes: 7/8 to 10/11; Length: 37 ft (11.2 m) to 40 ft (12.2 m); Color: Glacial
- Sink 4 (S4): Sizes: 7/8 to 10/11; Length: 37 ft (11.2 m) to 40 ft (12.2 m); Color: Midnight Blue